Are you energetic, motivated and a people person? Do you love creating memorable experiences out of everyday moments? You might be the perfect fit for a dynamic career at Royal Nairobi Golf Club. Join a team that is dynamic, innovative and committed to achieving the best.
Royal Nairobi Golf Club is a premier private members club that provides world class sporting and recreational facilities. RNGC is located in very close proximity to vibrant Nairobi city along Muchai drive off Ngong Road. Royal Nairobi Golf Club reciprocates with all other “Royal” chartered clubs worldwide. It is a club that strives to provide excellent service to the members while operating a profitable setup.
Royal Nairobi Golf Club is seeking to employ a GENERAL MANAGER.
The GM will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the club in accordance with the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. The Club has a staff complement of 130 staff. He/she will report to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for the following:
- Providing the overall leadership and direction of the Club.
- Ensure the formulation and successful implementation of RNGC Strategic Plan and
resulting Business Plan.
- Oversee all aspects of the Club including food, beverage and golf operations,
membership services, facilities, administrative services, and the implementation of
Board policy and strategy to achieve the agreed performance targets.
- Recruiting, training, mentoring and motivating staff to achieve the required results.
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements are complied with.
- Responsible for the performance management for the Club’s financial results,
operating processes and senior management performance.
- Representation of the Club to members, staff and external agencies. The GM will be
engaged in membership marketing and new member on boarding.
- Carrying out any other duties and responsibilities agreed upon with the Board of
Minimum Requirements for the position:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Six (6) years’ experience in a similar or senior management position preferably at Management Level in hospitality industry.
- A strategic thinker with strong business acumen with the ability to grow the
- Ability to lead and maintain a highly motivated team even under pressure.
- Excellent leadership, managerial and organizational skills, including
demonstrated ability to lead programs.
- Computer literacy and ability to provide leadership for the harnessing of
information technologies for the development of the Club.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and capacity
to manage and control crisis situations.
Candidates who are golfers will have an added advantage.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com including cover
letter and detailed resume. Deadline for application is Wednesday 16th June 2021 at
5.00pm. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
ROYAL NAIROBI GOLF CLUB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER