ROYAL NAIROBI GOLF CLUB
Royal Nairobi Golf Club is a prestigious private members golf Club that provides world class golfing and recreational facilities. RNGC is located in very close proximity to vibrant Nairobi city along Muchai drive off Ngong Road. RNGC has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and are committed to continual improvement. The ideal candidate is to be team players with the ability to effectively provide leadership in golf/captain’s office and add value to a wide range of professionals.
- Membership Officer
The primary role of the Membership Officer is to facilitate a strong and engaged membership and is responsible for efficiently providing membership administration and support services to all RNGC individual members.
KEY MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Management of Membership.
- Communication Management.
- Membership Administration.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Management of Club Membership
- Act as the primary point of contact for all enquiries about individual membership, providing an excellent level of service, converting prospects to members and ensuring current members renew.
- Deliver an excellent level of service to members, ensuring well-informed and prompt responses to membership enquiries, cost efficiency and system development.
- Work with the Marketing Manager and Finance Manager to develop and deliver processes and activities to achieve an effective membership renewal process and meet retention and recruitment targets.
- Work with the General Manager to develop and implement membership recruitment strategies.
- Develop and implement tools, channels and activities to ensure a smooth membership sign up and payment process, as well as strong membership engagement, whilst accurately maintaining, recording and updating the Membership database.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of RNGC members ensuring we identify any emerging trends, aspirations, behaviors’ and needs.
- Provide regular data and statistical analysis to Management regarding recruitment and retention activity such as:
- New members,
- Recruitment & retention results against target,
- Potential and actual lapses.
- Maintain an efficient membership administration, including updating the database, analyzing and reporting on the membership numbers and categories.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure correct processes are in place to maximize the efficiency of the Club in terms of membership subscription payments including direct-debits. Send out invoices, reminders, and follows up on payments.
- Work with the Marketing and Finance Managers to develop and deliver processes and activities to achieve an effective membership renewal process and meet retention and recruitment targets.
- Provide consistently high-quality customer service to members and prospective members through all forms of communication including: phone, email, letter and face-to-face.
- Ensure the Membership database and individual membership records are maintained in line with RNGC protocols’.
- Attendance at team and organizational meetings as required, including the Annual Meeting
- Adhere and comply with the provisions of the BSE Health & Safety Policy.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably expected, and which are commensurate with the level of the post.
- Experience of working within the membership function of a professional organization most preferably a Club set-up.
- Confident person, able to communicate with people at all levels
- Customer-focused, friendly and approachable manner
- Excellent communication and record management skills.
- Tech savvy individual with excellent knowledge of Ms office (with emphasis on advanced excel skills).
- Analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- High levels of integrity.
- Sound time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Customer relationship skills.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Diploma in Business Administration or any other related field.
- 3 years’ minimum experience in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge on golf rules and regulations will be an added advantage.
- Management of Membership experience will be an added advantage.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org including cover letter, current and expected remuneration and detailed resume. Deadline for application is Wednesday 13th July 2023 at COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.