Royal Nairobi Golf Club is a prestigious private members’ Golf Club that provides world class golfing and recreational facilities. RNGC is located in very close proximity to vibrant Nairobi city along Muchai drive off Ngong Road. RNGC has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethics, results oriented and are committed to continual improvement.
We are in the process of recruiting a Finance Manager to be responsible for Strategic, Managerial, Financial, Technical and operational decisions in management of Financial resources of the Club.
The ideal candidate must be a team player with the ability to effectively provide leadership in Finance department.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Financial reports
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate monthly financial statements and reports with necessary commentaries.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial controls, policies and procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash- flow reporting.
- Budget preparation & monitoring
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation
- Prepare the bi-annual and annual budget in consultation with the General Manager.
- Responsible for reviewing annual budgets.
- Budget performance variance analysis.
- Ensure that all monthly reconciliations are done on time and submitted to concerned stakeholders within the deadlines.
- Creation and management of monthly audit schedules file.
- Cash flow Management
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Management and projection of cash-flow.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
- Asset Management
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Prepare justification and ROI analysis for the Club’s projects.
- Record management
- Ensure that all records are properly filled, referenced and archived systematically.
- Monitors all local tax compliance that applies, and ensure taxes are charged correctly and collected.
- Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions are accurate and in compliance with local government regulations.
- Responsible for the local tax authority compliance.
- Assists proactively with cost control requirements.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Spot check on different sections/areas with a monthly report of the same.
- Provides excellent leadership within the Club, fosters teamwork.
- Strong communication and people management skills.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed per Club Policies and Labour requirements.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
Experience & background needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting commerce together with professional qualifications in CPA (K)/ ACCA. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least six (6) years of experience managing a finance department, preferably hospitality sector.
- Member of ICPAK/ ACCA or a recognized accounting professional body.
- Computer literate with special skills on POS software and ERP. Knowledge of Jonas accounting software will be an added advantage.
- Must be a person of high integrity.
- Experience with computerized accounting.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org including cover letter, current and expected remuneration and detailed resume. Deadline for application is Wednesday, October 5th 2022 at 6.00PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.