ROYAL NAIROBI GOLF CLUB
Royal Nairobi Golf Club is a premier private members Club that provides world class sporting and recreational facilities that are second to none in our region. RNGC is located in very close proximity to vibrant Nairobi city along Mucai drive off Ngong Road. RNGC has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethics, and results oriented and are committed to continual improvement.
The Club is in the process of recruiting a Food & Beverage Manager and a Security Officer. The ideal candidates are to be team players with the ability to effectively provide leadership in Food & Beverage Department and in Security Section respectively adding value to a wide range of professionals.
- FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER:
The position holder reports to the General Manager and will be responsible for the smooth running of all Operations of the Bar & Catering, overall coordination of efficient service delivery within the Food & Beverage department and coordination of all events hosted at the club. He/she will have the responsibility to innovate and deliver a product mix which is quality driven whilst maintaining aggressive financial returns and member/guests satisfaction. Also provide effective hands-on management and leadership to the restaurant team.
Duties and responsibilities: –
Restaurant Management- Oversee the day-to-day running of the Clubhouse Restaurant and bar and ensure the smooth operation of services provided at all times.
- People management and leadership – Ensure consistent high standards of staff performance through the use of effective performance management techniques- setting and monitoring of clear goals and targets for all staff.
- Compliance- Ensure compliance with all statutory and local government legislative requirements including but not limited to Licensing, Health & Safety, and Employment.
- Administration – Manage the Club’s administration in a structured and efficient manner including member events, committee meeting minutes and communication.
- Finance – Actively participate in the preparation of the Club’s Business Plan and Annual Budget.
- Budgeting- Maintaining the F&B equipment register, manage and monitor expenditure associated with catering equipment repair, manage the asset register and assist in budget setting each year for the department.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or higher Diploma in Hotel Management or related degree in Hospitality industry, or Certificate or advanced Certificates from Utalii with over 5 years’ experience.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in similar position.
- Must have sound knowledge of food & beverage products.
- Stock Control System; POS System Knowledge.
- Must be able to check and interpret cost control reports and be fully aware of the internal organization the club.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies, and Expectations:
- Knowledge of management requirements for food and beverage & housekeeping.
- Must demonstrate appropriate analytical skills, attention to detail, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Leadership and good interpersonal \ people management skills
- A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the position
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org including cover letter, current and expected remuneration and detailed resume. Deadline for application is Friday, April 7th, 2023 at COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
2. Security Officer Position
Will be in charge of Overseeing the security and safety of members, employees and facilities, developing and enforcing safety rules and regulations aimed at reducing risk, supervising all the activities of the contracted service provider and will be the main point of contact in the event of any emergency or security incidents that occur on site with the task of Investigating and preparing reports on those incidents/accidents.
- Advisory- Advising the management on the security requirements for the club and developing sound security policies and procedures.
- Investigations– Managing any internal investigations and acting as liaison officer with all other interested parties, including the police, regulators and auditors. Lead and direct investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities. Document details and advise Management.
- Compliance– Overseeing the compliance of all security related matters for the Club including fire drills, alarm responses issues etc. Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Supervision– Supervise outsourced security service provider.
- Safety & Safety – Assist in ensuring compliance with OSHA standards and preventive measures. Assist in the development, administration and implementation of safety programs and safety training classes. Visually identify, correct and record safety hazards.
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma in security management or any other related course with at least three (3) years of experience in a similar role. Degree qualification will be an added advantage
- Training in military/police academy or related background directly related with security issues.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing in order to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for an eight plus hour shift.
- Strong people management and advocacy skills
- Personal integrity and high ethical values
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com including cover letter, current and expected remuneration and detailed resume. Deadline for application is Friday, March 31, 2023 at 5.00PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ROYAL NAIROBI GOLF CLUB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER