ROYAL NAIROBI GOLF CLUB
Royal Nairobi Golf Club is a prestigious private members golf Club that provides world class golfing and recreational facilities. RNGC is located in very close proximity to vibrant Nairobi city along Muchai drive off Ngong Road. RNGC has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and are committed to continual improvement. The ideal candidate is to be team players with the ability to effectively provide leadership in golf/captain’s office and add value to a wide range of professionals.
- Golf Manager
The main objective of this role is to provide a broad range of administration and operational support of the Golf course maintenance and Golf Office in general.
KEY MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Golf Course Maintenance Management.
- Golf and Golf regulations
- Turf Management
- irrigation and maintenance systems
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/SPECIFIC DUTIES
Responsible for the golf course operation, its maintenance and managing all golf related activities. Ensuring that all members and their guests have an exceptional golfing experience. The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, member relations, scheduling/maintenance or irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues.
POSITIONS REPORTING TO JOB HOLDER: Maintenance Supervisor, Golf Course Agronomist, Golf Professional, Golf Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive maintenance program for the golf course.
- Plan and schedule activities to ensure the golf course are in top condition throughout the year.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and wetlands on the facility grounds.
- Responsible for preparation of financial budgets, yield management, revenue forecasting, capital expenditure, stock management and marketing plans for the golf course.
- Continuously review and develop standard operating procedures for each area of the golf course operations.
- Maintain proper records of all maintenance activities and report on these activities to the General Manager.
- Develop and implement environmental and sustainability programs to reduce the environmental impact of golf course maintenance activities.
- Directs and assists the staff on the planting of new vegetation, the replacement, spraying, pruning and trimming of trees and shrubs.
- Helps in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating, motivating staff and ensure that they work together as a team.
- Liaise with senior managers to develop a coordinated strategy for the course that aligns with the overall club strategy and covers all areas of golf operations.
- Attend meetings and participate in planning and budgeting sessions with the General Manager, Golf Pro, and other department managers.
- Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff are working within OSHA, club safety and guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Respond promptly and professionally to member complaints or concerns related to the golf course or grounds.
- Provide effective leadership to the Green Keeper, Golf Pro, the Golf Administrator and all golf and course staff.
- Develop, deliver, and monitor learning and development activities for the staff through in-house training, CPD and PGA training.
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Over five (5) years’ experience in golf course maintenance as a Golf manager.
- Degree in Turf Management, agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science or related field
- Strong knowledge of irrigation golf course maintenance systems, turfgrass science.
- Has knowledge of the rule of Golf and golf regulations
- Active membership in appropriate professional organizations.
- Demonstration of a high level of personal and professional development.
- Ability to work across a range of projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in report writing
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent people management skills
- Knowledge of course farm machinery and equipment maintenance is essential
- Excellent multi skilling ability
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Driving License
- Advance skills required for financial reporting and control of operations, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com including cover letter and detailed resume. Deadline for application is
Friday, 4th August 2023 at 6.00pm. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
ROYAL NAIROBI GOLF CLUB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER